Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blogging Newbie

Welcome! As I am sitting here thinking about my son's second birthday, I am also thinking "where have these last two years gone"? It is amazing how time can fly but seem to stand still at the same time. Just yesterday I was waking up at 3:00 in the morning to feed and change Ethan and today I am wondering what wonderful things he will "say" or show me that he learned in school.

Justin and I had Ethan June 16, 2009 five weeks early due to complications with preeclampsia that officially turned into eclampsia just minutes after arriving at the hospital to be monitored. The whole time I told Justin and the doctor that we HAD to wait to have the little guy until at least Thursday evening as my parents and family were on a cruise and it was very important to me to have my mom and dad there to welcome him. I thought this was a reasonable plan and compromise but my body felt differently. One seizure and a c-section later my little man was born at 2:40pm weighing 5lbs, 4ozs and measuring 18 1/2 inches long. He was and still is perfect! We both stayed in the hospital for 6 days (we were released on Justin's very FIRST Father's Day!). From that day on, we have both been challenged by this parenting roll but what new parent isn't? Now we are embarking on the task of having another little one this August. Ethan will be 26 months when our new son arrives and while he does not like me holding other children now, I know he will develop into the best big brother anyone could ask for! I just hope we are ready for the challenge of having two boys running around the house. While I know the first six months or so will be devoted to teaching the new baby life's little lessons, I am looking forward to the day when both of my boys can play with each other and enjoy each other's company.

These last two years have been the happiest, most wonderful, while most challenging years I have had. I would not change them for the world because as the old adage states "it makes us who we are". I am currently enrolled in a Master's program at Liberty University and if all goes according to plan, I will be finished with my LAST two classes July 8, 2011. The program is designed so any person can finish in five years but being the overachiever and wanting things to happen right now, I took a full course load each semester and am finishing in a little less than a year from when I started. I don't know how I managed it, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Justin helped tremendously when I really had to get an assignment done and without him, I would not have been able to finish so quickly.

So this is just a little glimpse into our lives and I know there is plenty more to come so enjoy reading!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! YOU'RE THE BEST! I would not be the mother I am today without what you have taught me over the years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment