Friday, May 27, 2011

Be nice this time!

So another week has come to a close and this weekend it a little more special because on Sunday I hit the third trimester for a second time! Last time the third trimester was not so nice to this household, so this time all I am asking is for the next three months to go smoothly and quickly. I know, I know, you should never wish for a pregnancy to be rushed but with the rising temperatures outside, the rising digits on the scale, and the rising level of anticipation of this momma I am more than ready to meet Luke/Colin. It's funny because when I became pregnant all I was wishing for was to make it out of the first trimester without a hitch and now I am wishing to make it out of the third in the same fashion. So fingers crossed ladies and gents!

There has also been another development for our household: TEMPER TANTRUMS! Ethan started being a little tempermental a couple of months ago but as quickly as those tantrums started they stopped so I thought maybe that was the worst of it. Boy was I wrong! It seems like daily there is something that sets Ethan off and you would think the world was coming to an end. The time when Ethan's "twin" shows himself is usually around dinner. Tonight is the first night in about a week and a half that he actually ate all of his dinner without complaining, screaming, crying, or attempting to throw his food on the floor. Here's a glimpse of how much he liked it:

Normally Ethan loves spaghetti but when I made it this week, it almost ended up all over the floor instead of in his belly. At times this is disheartening but I know he was just testing me! Hopefully the tantrums will die down once he turns two since he started them BEFORE he actually turned two, but honestly, I think we are in for tantrums until he gets much older (or at least that's what I have been told)!

It's Memorial Day weekend this weekend so that means it's a THREE DAY WEEKEND!!! I could not be more excited because I have a million and one things to do around the house that never seem to get done during the week. I am still working on the room for the boys(their surprise arrived this week) so hopefully I can knock the majority of the painting out. Oh yeah, it is also my birthday and I have to say this is the only birthday other than the "milestone" birthdays that I am looking forward to because I get to turn 29 on the 29th. I always thought that was pretty cool! So the plan for the weekend is to clean, paint, and relax. Sounds like a pretty good weekend to me!

Until next time friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment