Sunday, May 22, 2011

Did you say Dr. Seuss?

Well as the second trimester of this pregnancy is coming to a close (I will hit the third trimester on May 29th) I feel as though I have hit crunch time with regards to where my boys will be sleeping. We live in a two-story two bedroom home and with Justin and I occupying the master bedroom and Ethan sleeping in the second bedroom, it seems as though baby #2 will be bunking with both Justin and I and then will eventually share a room with his brother. We kept Ethan in our room for some time and I fully intend to do the same with the new baby. Now I have to admit when I was growing up I had my own room so I am not sure how Ethan will handle sharing his space but he is already good at sharing so I do not think this will  cause a problem. Plus, he prefers to hang out in our room most of the time anyway. This will definitely be a learning experience for all of us, but in the long run it will teach the boys how to share a room just like they probably will when they go to college and share a dorm room.

When we were awaiting the arrival of Ethan my whole plan was to do an ocean theme for his room. I was going to paint fish, whales, seals, etc. on his wall to really achieve the underwater effect. Unfortunately because of Ethan's untimely arrival the only process that we were able to complete was painting his room. We painted three walls light blue with a dark blue accent wall. You would think I would have had enough time over the past two years to complete the project but time flies when you are raising a little one, working full time, and going to school. So I am devoting these last twelve weeks to getting the boys' room together!

The theme you ask? Dr. Seuss! I love the Dr. Seuss books and completely forgot about them until last Christmas when I was shopping for presents for Ethan and decided to get him a lot of the Dr. Seuss classics. Ethan loves to "read" so books seemed only appropriate with a few toys thrown in here and there. At first I outlined everything I wanted to do on the walls with chalk and have just now started the painting process. It is still a work in progress but here are a few sneak peek pictures:



As you can see I am working on Thing 1 and Thing 2 from The Cat in the Hat, the Lorax, and the third book is a surprise but from the looks of things, it will be amazing! I have also just ordered something for their room that will really tie everything together and cannot wait until it gets here! There will be more pictures once more progress happens so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment