Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Heap!

My grandfather can be described just as all of the McCabe's can be described: strong willed, smart, intense at times, and only striving for the best. He was a Marine and I guess still is because as the saying goes "once a Marine, always a Marine". He is politically conservative, outspoken, and for the most part keeps everyone on their toes. He wants people to do their best, be their best, and be treated the best and while sometimes he can be intense, all he wants is for his wife, children, grandchildren, and now great grandchildren to be happy and get out of life what we all deserve!

Today was an exciting day for our family and I can finally share that Justin and I have a date for the arrival of our second baby boy. August 10, 2011 has been put on the books and I have my doctor, Dr. Lockhart, to thank for making this a very special day not only for us but also for the rest of the family, especially my grandfather because his birthday is also August 10th.  I would've preferred to keep the entire day a secret from him until Luke/Colin was born, but I know how my family works so I know my grandfather would've found out well before the end of the week :) So that gives us exactly 5 weeks from today to finish getting ready. I am starting to get nervous but I also know when the day finally arrives I will have peace knowing that we will be taking home another miracle and completing our little family.

So happy early birthday grandpa! Fingers crossed Luke/Colin does not come early and hopefully the week Luke/Colin is born will be a great week for you and not a sh*tty one ;) !

Below are some pictures Heap:
My brother and I with our grandfather during Chirstmas

Mom and Grandpa

The Heap



Until next time....

1 comment: