Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hmmmm...

So it was brought to my attention this morning that I have been neglecting my blog. It's not that I have forgotten about it, it's just that I feel I do not have much to share since school has ended, we are getting ready for baby #2, and there is nothing really new to report. But I promised a special lady I would comment on some things so here goes (just for you Gigi McCabe)!

I guess you could say I reached a milestone this week pregnancy-wise. We have finally hit 35 weeks! When I was pregnant with Ethan this is what happened at 35 weeks:
my sweet boy was born and our lives were forever changed. He was and still is perfect and the only regret I have about the whole experience is that I do not remember meeting him and it was not until the next day that we were properly introduced. He was jaundiced, thin, and needed some help learning how to feed but all I could remember when I met him was that I could not believe he was mine. I kept looking at him as if someone were going to tell me he was not mine because he was just so handsome. I do not find many babies attractive when they are born (sorry moms but I cannot help it) but I immediately recognized Ethan was the most beautiful baby I had ever laid eyes on. I wonder if Luke/Colin will be just as handsome?  I know all moms are supposed to think their children are adorable, beautiful, and the best looking but my mom will tell you when my brother was born she thought they handed her the wrong baby because my brother simply was NOT a looker. I, on the other hand, was the most beautiful baby some of the nurses had ever seen. So time will tell if Luke/Colin will measure up to his big brother but I think he will!

I have also been hard at work trying to get the boys' room together because I have this overwhelming feeling that Luke/Colin will be born earlier than projected. So here is the progress so far:


We also have one more piece of furniture to put together (JUSTIN!), get painted, and then fill with clothes and we should be good to go with making sure we are ready for the baby. On Wednesday (7/20/11) we have three weeks (give or take) until he will be here, so I am definitely feeling the time crunch but I know we will have it all ready!

And I guess I could report that while I was originally planning on returning to school at the end of August, I think I am going to put it on hold at least until the 2012 Spring semester. I kind of have a hinkering to explore the world of real estate. I have received some really interesting information and while it would not be a full-time venture to start since the market is the way it is, I do not think it would be a bad idea to get my foot in the door. This is still very early in the works and I have not made my mind up about it completely, but I figure it would be another thing to add to my resume and hopefully become successful at not only for me but also for my family.

So the last week or so has been great and here's to another great week!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment