Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Catching up!

I know, I know...where have I been? What have I been doing? And most importantly, why have I not been blogging? Well since Justin is at work and NOT doing school work, I can finally catch up on the life and times of the Mandell's.

We took our (what's becoming annual) beach trip with the family to Sandbridge Beach and had the best time! Ethan had a better time this year than he did last year. This year we were able to get him used to the sand which was a task and I am hoping next year we won't have to go through the same dramatics like we did this year. Colin did not really do much but eat and take extended naps, but really that's what was expected of the little guy who turned 4 weeks old while we were there. We also had a chance to hang out with tons of family, eat some great meals, and while the time in the sun was limited it certainly was nice to just get out of town for a little bit and relax as much as possible.


Colin hanging by the pool

 Three of the four dudes
Ethan testing out the sand


We really had a great time and are so fortunate to have family that provides these great vacations for us. Our hope is to one day be able to be the ones providing the vacation for the family.

The boys also had some check ups this past month. Ethan had his two year check up. He is in the 90th percentile for his weight and 80th for height. All I can say is he has come a long way. When he was born he was below the 50th percentile for both so he has grown a lot and it has been awesome to watch. I can now have conversations with my little dude, he can tell me how he's feeling, and we can enjoy bundles of laughs together. It really does put into perspective how time flies. I feel like just yesterday we were painting his bedroom and now he's his own person telling me what he likes and what he doesn't like.

Colin went in for his four week check up and he has become such a little ham. He actually put on almost three more pounds. He also has already grown two more inches. He's definitely going to be our big boy. Hopefully he doesn't push around his older brother too much :) We are still getting to know the ins and outs of our newest little guy and so far we've decided we are going to keep him (insert laugh here)! He really is a great baby and it's amazing how similar he is to his older brother but how different he is at the same time. Maybe it's because we have already gone through the newborn stage so we knew what to expect and we aren't over analyzing everything like we did with Ethan. He's still not sleeping through the night yet but that's expected and we are actually about to test him out in his crib for the first time tonight. The crib will be in our room for a little while but it's time for him to get acclimated to sleeping on his back, in his own bed, and hopefully (soon) through the whole night.


I also went back to work this past month. This is my second week back and honestly I do not even feel like I left. I was gone for 7 weeks and it flew by like you would not believe. Things are the same at work and honestly, I do not mind. I love being at home with my children, but I am also the type of person who needs things to do throughout the day so working is a welcome change to napping and watching reruns of CSI (well not the napping part). Justin also had something big happen. He went back to school and started classes! He's been working diligently and we are so proud that he had taken this step in his life. He's really just too smart and this is a welcomed step in the right direction
for him. So congratulations Justin, we love you, and we know you're going to do great!

Here are some more recent pictures:








Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment